Re: Block level parallel vacuum WIP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Block level parallel vacuum WIP
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> writes:
> Not only that, but from your description (I haven't read the patch,
> sorry), you'd be scanning the whole index multiple times (one per
> worker).

What about pointing each worker at a separate index?  Obviously the
degree of concurrency during index cleanup is then limited by the
number of indexes, but that doesn't seem like a fatal problem.

+1
We could eventually need some effective way of parallelizing vacuum of single index.
But pointing each worker at separate index seems to be fair enough for majority of cases.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company