Re: WIP: BRIN multi-range indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: WIP: BRIN multi-range indexes
Date
Re: WIP: BRIN multi-range indexes  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 5:29 AM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2019 at 10:55:02AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> >On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 09:01:48PM +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> >> Yeah, the opclass params patches got broken by 773df883e adding enum
> >> reloptions. The breakage is somewhat extensive so I'll leave it up to
> >> Nikita to fix it in [1]. Until that happens, apply the patches on
> >> top of caba97a9d9 for review.
> >
> >This has been close to two months now, so I have the patch as RwF.
> >Feel free to update if you think that's incorrect.
>
> I see the opclass parameters patch got committed a couple days ago, so
> I've rebased the patch series on top of it. The pach was marked RwF
> since 2019-11, so I'll add it to the next CF.

I think this patchset was marked RwF mainly because slow progress on
opclass parameters.  Now we got opclass parameters committed, and I
think this patchset is in a pretty good shape.  Moreover, opclass
parameters patch comes with very small examples.  This patchset would
be great showcase for opclass parameters.

I'd like to give this patchset a chance for v13.  I'm going to make
another pass trough this patchset.  If I wouldn't find serious issues,
I'm going to commit it.  Any objections?

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company