Re: Allow placeholders in ALTER ROLE w/o superuser - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: Allow placeholders in ALTER ROLE w/o superuser
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 6:14 AM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:53 AM Steve Chavez <steve@supabase.io> wrote:
> > So from my side this all looks good!
>
> Thank you for your feedback.
>
> The next revision of the patch is attached.  It contains code
> improvements, comments and documentation.  I'm going to also write
> sode tests.  pg_db_role_setting doesn't seem to be well-covered with
> tests.  I will probably need to write a new module into
> src/tests/modules to check now placeholders interacts with dynamically
> defined GUCs.

Another revision of patch is attached.  It's fixed now that USER SET
values can't be used for PGC_SUSET parameters.  Tests are added.  That
require new module test_pg_db_role_setting to check dynamically
defined GUCs.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov