Re: Avoid streaming the transaction which are skipped (in corner cases) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Avoid streaming the transaction which are skipped (in corner cases)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 5:14 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, December 3, 2022 7:37 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Apart from the above, I have slightly adjusted the comments in the attached. Do
> > let me know what you think of the attached.
>
> Thanks for updating the patch. It looks good to me.

I feel the function name ReorderBufferLargestTopTXN() is slightly
misleading because it also checks some of the streaming properties
(like whether the TXN has partial changes and whether it contains any
streamable change). Shall we rename it to
ReorderBufferLargestStreamableTopTXN() or something like that?

The other point to consider is whether we need to have a test case for
this patch. I think before this patch if the size of DDL changes in a
transaction exceeds logical_decoding_work_mem, the empty streams will
be output in the plugin but after this patch, there won't be any such
stream.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.