Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 3:31 AM, Mark Rofail <markm.rofail@gmail.com> wrote:
I have written some benchmark test.

With two tables a PK table with 5 rows and an FK table with growing row count.

Once triggering an RI check
at 10 rows,
100 rows,
1,000 rows,
10,000 rows,
100,000 rows and
1,000,000 rows

How many rows of FK table were referencing the PK table row you're updating/deleting.
I wonder how may RI trigger work so fast if it has to do some job besides index search with no results?
I think we should also vary the number of referencing rows.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company