Re: PoC: Partial sort - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: PoC: Partial sort
Date
Re: PoC: Partial sort  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Re: PoC: Partial sort  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 11:01 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 8:10 AM, Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
> Are you planning to work on this patch for 9.6?

FWIW I hope so. It's a nice patch.

I'm trying to to whisk dust. Rebased version of patch is attached. This patch isn't passing regression tests because of plan changes. I'm not yet sure about those changes: why they happens and are they really regression?
Since I'm not very familiar with planning of INSERT ON CONFLICT and RLS, any help is appreciated.

Planner regression is fixed in the attached version of patch. It appears that get_cheapest_fractional_path_for_pathkeys() behaved wrong when no ordering is required.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company
Attachment