Re: UseDeclareFetch=1, Fetch=100, UseServerSidePrepare=1 causes Windows client to intermittently hang - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Joshua Berry
Subject Re: UseDeclareFetch=1, Fetch=100, UseServerSidePrepare=1 causes Windows client to intermittently hang
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Jack,

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:38 PM, ljwilson <ljwilson@digitalav.com> wrote:
This weekend I tested at a client site the psqlODBC Windows drivers as of
2013/05/21 (what will eventually be 09.02.0100) from the github source. When
printing invoices, intermittently a client (I could reproduce on all three
of the test machines) would hang (freeze--must kill with taskmanager). The
client might have to print just one, or 13, or as high as 61 individual jobs
before the hang would occur. The fix is to set the UseServerSidePrepare back
to 0--then no hangs can be reproduced. Enabling mylog makes it much harder
to reproduce the hang, but I have been able to produce 4 mylog files using
my own test machine that log up to the hang.

When the client system would hang, would it cause the PG backend to crash and restart? Also, were other clients concurrently connected to the same backend affected as well?

I'm hoping that the issue that you're having is related to the issue I've been having such that a single patch will cure both!

Kind Regards,
-Joshua