Re: Segmentation Fault in Postgres server when using psqlODBC - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Joshua Berry
Subject Re: Segmentation Fault in Postgres server when using psqlODBC
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Hiroshi,

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Joshua Berry <yoberi@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi <inoue@tpf.co.jp> wrote:
It's also preferrable to fix the crash at backend.
The crash is caused by execute commands after commit.

That would be the best solution. Thanks for your help.

Is there any test code that I could leverage to put together a test case which can quickly invoke the backend problem that I'm seeing? Perhaps something that is used in the pgsqlODBC project or something else you or others might have sitting around? I would like to have a testapp/function that could help verify that the issue has been fixed in a future backend patch/release.

I've never explicitly used EXECUTE. Could I construct a plpgsql script which could use EXECUTE in a similar manner as psqlODBC, thus creating a test case that would have greater portability?

Kind Regards,
-Joshua