Re: Segmentation Fault in Postgres server when using psqlODBC - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: Segmentation Fault in Postgres server when using psqlODBC
Date
List pgsql-odbc
(2013/06/05 0:48), Joshua Berry wrote:
> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Joshua Berry <yoberi@gmail.com
> <mailto:yoberi@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi <inoue@tpf.co.jp
>     <mailto:inoue@tpf.co.jp>> wrote:
>
>         It's also preferrable to fix the crash at backend.
>         The crash is caused by execute commands after commit.
>
>     That would be the best solution. Thanks for your help.
>

> Is there any test code that I could leverage to put together a test case
> which can quickly invoke the backend problem that I'm seeing? Perhaps
> something that is used in the pgsqlODBC project or something else you or
> others might have sitting around? I would like to have a
> testapp/function that could help verify that the issue has been fixed in
> a future backend patch/release.

It seems difficult to provide a test code. However I can reproduce
the crash by changing 1 line of psqlodbc driver source code with a
test case. For example, the crash is fixed by the attached patch.

> I've never explicitly used EXECUTE. Could I construct a plpgsql script
> which could use EXECUTE in a similar manner as psqlODBC, thus creating a
> test case that would have greater portability?

Oops it's an Execute message used in extended query protocol not a
*EXECUTE* command.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Attachment