Re: BUG #17355: Server crashes on ExecReScanForeignScan in postgres_fdw when accessing foreign partition - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: BUG #17355: Server crashes on ExecReScanForeignScan in postgres_fdw when accessing foreign partition
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17355: Server crashes on ExecReScanForeignScan in postgres_fdw when accessing foreign partition  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Responses Re: BUG #17355: Server crashes on ExecReScanForeignScan in postgres_fdw when accessing foreign partition  (Marina Polyakova <m.polyakova@postgrespro.ru>)
Re: BUG #17355: Server crashes on ExecReScanForeignScan in postgres_fdw when accessing foreign partition  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Alvaro,

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 11:42 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> On 2022-Feb-01, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> > I didn’t include your test because in my
> > understanding we don’t add such a test into the postgres_fdw
> > regression test.  I’ll commit the patch if there are no objections
> > from you (or anyone else).
>
> I think it would be good to reconsider this.  We currently don't have
> any isolation test files for postgres_fdw, but that doesn't mean we
> can't add some (we now have several subdirs where both types of tests
> coexist).  And if we don't have these tests, it will be easier to break
> this again in the future without noticing if we decide to rework
> executor code again, which I'm sure we'll do.

Agreed.

> Maybe you don't need to add the test in back-branches, which is more
> work; but if you only target branch master, it should only require an
> ISOLATION line in the Makefile listing the new test.

I think it would be better to create a separate patch so that we test
not only this but other EvalPlanQual stuff such as ForeignRecheck, so
I applied the proposed patch to HEAD as well.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita