Re: MYSQL_FDW trigger BEFORE UPDATE changes to NEW on a col not inthe update statement don't go through - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: MYSQL_FDW trigger BEFORE UPDATE changes to NEW on a col not inthe update statement don't go through
Date
In response to MYSQL_FDW trigger BEFORE UPDATE changes to NEW on a col not in theupdate statement don't go through  (Francois Payette <francoisp@netmosphere.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Francois,

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 8:09 AM Francois Payette
<francoisp@netmosphere.net> wrote:
> I create a trigger on an imported foreign table. In the procedure, I change the value of a column that is not in the
triggeringupdate statement. This change does not make it to the mysql side.

I'm not an expert on mysql_fdw, so maybe I'm missing something, but I
think we had the same issue in postgres_fdw.  See this:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=8b6da83d162cb0ac9f6d21082727bbd45c972c53;hp=7dc6ae37def50b5344c157eee5e029a09359f8ee

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita