Re: [SPAM] [GENERAL] AD(Active Directory) groups concepts in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From PAWAN SHARMA
Subject Re: [SPAM] [GENERAL] AD(Active Directory) groups concepts in postgres
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 12:08 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 2/2/2017 8:24 AM, Moreno Andreo wrote:

Can we use AD(Active Directory) groups concepts in postgres as we are using this concepts in SQL server.

So, is there any possible to work with AD groups such as (IT-DBA, IT-APPS..etc ) in postgresql.

Like this?
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/LDAP_Authentication_against_AD

that handles authentication, but AFAIK, postgresql has no concept of Active Directory groups, only group roles defined within the postgres server.     even if you're using AD for authentication, you still have to create roles in postgresql, and put these roles in groups.

Thanks John,

So, We need to follow below steps in such case:

1: Create User
2:Create group
3:Alter Group Add/Remove User's......????????