Re: WIP: About CMake v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christian Convey
Subject Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Karl,

I'll need to let Yury answer your original question regarding the best
way to report CMake-related bugs.

Regarding the errors you're getting...  I just looked at CMake's
online documentation regarding your "target_compile_definitions"
error.

From what I can tell, the "target_compile_definition" property was
introduced in CMake 2.8.11.  It sounds like your version of CMake is
just a little too old.

Regarding how one can know the required CMake version: My modus
operandi for CMake projects in general is (1) read the project's
how-to-build docs, and if that's not heplful, (2) hope that the
project's CMake files contain a "cmake_minimum_required" call to give
me a clear error message.  I didn't find any such indication in Yuri's
files, although perhaps I missed it.

Yury: Would it make sense to add a call to "cmake_minimum_required" in
one or more of your CMakeLists.txt files?

Kind regards,
Christian