Re: repmgr: Do we need separate versions of repmgr for separate PG versions? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: repmgr: Do we need separate versions of repmgr for separate PG versions?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
> If repmgr is not PG version dependant, it should all go into the same
> directory, on the other hand if it is version dependant, I would add the
> version of postgres to the package name.

+1 to all.

But one clarification.

The only postgres version dependent part is the repmgr library needed
for autofailovers voting, where it decides who is eligible to be the
new master.

Debian has it separated in another package. Maybe we could mimic that.

root@debian7:~# apt-cache search repmgr
postgresql-9.0-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.0
postgresql-9.1-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.1
postgresql-9.2-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.2
postgresql-9.3-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.3
postgresql-9.4-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.4
repmgr - replication manager for PostgreSQL
repmgr-dbg - debug symbols for repmgr

postgresql-9.x-rpmgr contains the repmgr_funcs.so library and the sql
to install and uninstall repmgr monitoring tables and functions.

Kind regards,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/