Re: update performance of degenerate index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Filip Rembiałkowski
Subject Re: update performance of degenerate index
Date
List pgsql-general

Just some questions, which might be helpful.

What size is this index?
What is underlying table size?
Is ANALYZE running regularly (autovacuum or manual)?
What are stats for exported_when column (pg_stats)?
Did you look at pg_locks during this lengthy update?
Do you have many concurrent statements which involve on this table?
Did you cross out CPU and I/O contention?