Re: Installing PostgreSQL on OSX Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Salisbury
Subject Re: Installing PostgreSQL on OSX Server
Date
List pgsql-general

On 1/28/13 1:05 PM, François Beausoleil wrote:

>> I would stay away from MacPorts.

Gotta agree on that one.

>> The last time I have been working with PostgreSQL on MacOS X, I used
>> the installer from
>>
>> http://www.postgresqlformac.com/
>>
>> There's also a different approach, that I've never tried:
>>
>> http://postgresapp.com/
>
> If you don't know about Homebrew, you should definitely look into it: https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew

I'll second that too.  If you have problems with readline compilation error ( chances are good that
you will ), A homebrew replacement for the crappy OS X libraries might go along the lines of..

sudo git clone git://github.com/mxcl/homebrew.git /usr/local/homebrew
  cd /usr/local/bin
  ln -s /usr/local/homebrew/bin/brew brew

sudo mkdir /usr/local/homebrew/Cellar
chmod a+w /usr/local/homebrew/Cellar
brew install readline
brew link --overwrite --dry-run readline
sudo  brew link --overwrite readline