Re: Installed. Now what? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Amitabh Kant
Subject Re: Installed. Now what?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
Dne 20.11.2011 04:21, Phoenix Kiula napsal(a):
<snip>
My guess is that you actually require a password when connecting to the
database, but you haven't specified a password in the pgbouncer.ini
file. You have to specify it in the MYDB line, i.e. something like

[databases]
MYDB  = host=127.0.0.1 dbname=MYDB user=MYUSER client_encoding=utf8
port=5432 password='mypassword'

The auth_file is used only for connecting to the pgbouncer, it's not
forwarded to the database server - the pgbouncer opens the connection on
behalf of the users, and you may actually have a completely different
users on the connection pooler.

Tomas

I just checked my pgbouncer config file, and ye it does require a password in the db connection line.

Amitabh