Re: Installed. Now what? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Installed. Now what?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Amitabh Kant <amitabhkant@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
>>
>> Dne 20.11.2011 04:21, Phoenix Kiula napsal(a):
>> <snip>
>> My guess is that you actually require a password when connecting to the
>> database, but you haven't specified a password in the pgbouncer.ini
>> file. You have to specify it in the MYDB line, i.e. something like
>>
>> [databases]
>> MYDB  = host=127.0.0.1 dbname=MYDB user=MYUSER client_encoding=utf8
>> port=5432 password='mypassword'
>>

>> The auth_file is used only for connecting to the pgbouncer, it's not
>> forwarded to the database server - the pgbouncer opens the connection on
>> behalf of the users, and you may actually have a completely different
>> users on the connection pooler.

OK. So I specified the password enclosed in double quotes.

[databases]
MYDB  = host=127.0.0.1 dbname=MYDB user=MYUSER client_encoding=utf8
port=5432 password="mypassword"

Then restarted pgbouncer:

   service pgbouncer restart

And this shows up as this:

   > lsof -i | grep pgbouncer
   pgbouncer  8558 postgres    7u  IPv4 26187618       TCP
localhost:lds-distrib (LISTEN)

Is this normal? Shouldn't the port number be somewhere? What's "lds-distrib"?

Thanks for all the help.