Re: error in vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Peticolas
Subject Re: error in vacuum
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 7:24 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2018-09-01 19:02:18 -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:

> > relfrozenxid 3498422955

> > This message is known to be associated with several data-corruption bugs
> > we've fixed recently.  You should update to current (9.6.10) sooner not
> > later.  I don't think that will cure existing corruption for you, but
> > it should prevent things from getting worse.
> >

> Ok, thank you for that information I will do so. The dump/truncate/restore
> I mentioned in a later post seems to fix the corruption in a restored DB.
> Given the nature of the bug do you think that would fix that table?

Yes, it's fairly likely that it does. You might even get around it by
just doing a no-op update of the whole table.  Nevertheless you need to
upgrade, or more of that corruption can occur.

Indeed, that does seem to fix the issue and is much simpler, thank you. I'm going to schedule this upgrade with all due haste.