Upgraded, now permission denied. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jason Whitener
Subject Upgraded, now permission denied.
Date
Re: Upgraded, now permission denied.  (Keith <keith@keithf4.com>)
List pgsql-novice
I did a pg_dumpall on PostgreSQL 8.1.23 and then imported that data to 8.4.20 following this guide:  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/install-upgrading.html

Queries that used to run on 8.1 now complain about relations not found, like:

        Select * from uiddate where dateonline >= '#hourago#'

returns:  ERROR: relation "uiddate" does not exist Position: 15

The database name is 'mypcc'.  The schema is 'public'.  I can visibly see the table 'uiddate' in the PgAdmin gui.

If I do a query like:
SELECT * FROM public.uiddate where dateonline >= '2014-06-11 14:33:14';

It returns:
ERROR:  permission denied for schema public

I checked on permissions:
SELECT datname as "Relation", datacl as "Access permissions" FROM pg_database WHERE datname = 'mypcc';  Relation | Access permissions
 mypcc    | {mypcc=CTc/mypcc}
(1 row)

This is my first upgrade, so I guess I must be missing something simple.

Visibly in the PgAdmin gui, it looks like the data import went fine.  I see all my tables and users.

This query is being initiated by an app running on the same host. I made sure that the 8.4 pg_hba.conf lines for localhost matched what I had on the 8.1 server.

host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          password

Both servers respond identically to nslookup localhost.

I'm not sure what to try next.