Re: Upgraded, now permission denied. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Upgraded, now permission denied.
Date
List pgsql-novice
Jason Whitener <jwhitene@pcc.edu> writes:
> Queries that used to run on 8.1 now complain about relations not found,
> like:
>         Select * from uiddate where dateonline >= '#hourago#'
> returns:  ERROR: relation "uiddate" does not exist Position: 15

> The database name is 'mypcc'.  The schema is 'public'.  I can visibly see
> the table 'uiddate' in the PgAdmin gui.

> If I do a query like:
> SELECT * FROM public.uiddate where dateonline >= '2014-06-11 14:33:14';
> It returns:
> ERROR:  permission denied for schema public

I suspect these are both symptoms of the same problem, namely that
the "public" schema lacks public access permissions.  I'm not sure
exactly how it got that way --- might be interesting to look at

    select * from pg_namespace where nspname = 'public';

and if you still have the pg_dump file from 8.1, look to see if
there are any grant/revoke commands for schema public in it.

But in any case, the fix is probably

    grant all on schema public to public;

            regards, tom lane