Re: Migration from Oracle 11g to Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Leonardo Carneiro
Subject Re: Migration from Oracle 11g to Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-admin
I used full convert to convert firebird DBs to postgresql. with a few tweaks, works like a charm. never tried with oracle.

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Vibhor Kumar <vibhor.aim@gmail.com> wrote:

On May 2, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Silvana Bravo <bravo.silver@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'm planning a migration of production DBs from Oracle to
> Postgresql. I would like to receive some suggestions, advising or links to
> related subjects. I decided to rewrite all store procedures, that is not a
> problem.  But regarding the data I was thinking in migrating schema by
> schema. First, create all table structures in postgresql schema. Then,
> generate inserts statements from Oracle schema to extract all data. Addapt
> those inserts to the .sql script/s in postgresql schema.
> I'm currently making a POC of that process since the schemas to migrate are
> not so big. Only a few tables have around 1.000.000 of rows.
> That would be the manual migration. Are there some other ways to make this?
>
> Thanks for the support and I'm glad to start with postgres.

You can use Migration Tool kit or xDB Replication solution from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/9.2/repguide/Postgres_Plus_xDB_Replication_Server_Users_Guide-51.htm#P6096_508028

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
Blogs:http://vibhork.blogspot.com