ON COMMIT options for non temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From P V Tekawade
Subject ON COMMIT options for non temporary tables
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi

For my work with Postgres 11.5, I needed functionality that unlogged tables are automatically dropped at the commit time, but I found that ON COMMIT option is only supported with temporary table.

I would like to understand reasons why this option is limited to temporary tables? Is there any problem by making this option available for other type of tables such as unlogged tables?

--

Thanks

Prafulla