Re: [FEATURE] Add schema option to all relevant objects - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jasmin Dizdarevic
Subject Re: [FEATURE] Add schema option to all relevant objects
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Me too...it's quite hard to get in ;)

GetNodePath returns a string representing an language dependent node path: Server Groups/localhost/Databases/myDb/Schemas/mySchema/Tables/myTable....
SetCurrentNodePath accpet the string node path and select's the desired object.

During implementing search object I've done some improvements to this methods, so you should maybe wait for Guillaume committing my patch.

2011/7/5 Thom Brown <thom@linux.com>
On 5 July 2011 21:14, Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I got it refreshing the node in the original schema, but not the
>> > destination one.
>> >

>> Which is an issue. People may understand that pgadmin doesn't know about
>> new or altered objects if the object is created or changed outside of
>> the UI. But inside the UI, it should refresh its browser.
>
> He Tom,
> can't you use frmMain::GetNodePath and frmMain::SetCurrentNode to do this?
> I don't exactly know what you're doing, but it should be possible to replace
> old schema name with the new one.
> 1. Extract path of old object
> 2. replace old schema name with new one
> 3. select the object in the new schema
> ?

I'm not at all familiar with PgAdmin's codebase, I'm just feeling in
the dark so I don't know how easy it is to do that.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company