Re: [FEATURE] Add schema option to all relevant objects - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: [FEATURE] Add schema option to all relevant objects
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On 5 July 2011 21:08, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 21:01 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
>> On 5 July 2011 20:47, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> > Hi Thom,

>> > Exactly. I did a complete patch once, but my main issue, that I couldn't
>> > fix, was the refresh of the schemas in the browser.

>> > Did you fix the issue with the refresh of the browser? (I can't check
>> > yet, I'm doing a last time compile of Jasmin's patch :) )
>>
>> I got it refreshing the node in the original schema, but not the
>> destination one.
>>

> Which is an issue. People may understand that pgadmin doesn't know about
> new or altered objects if the object is created or changed outside of
> the UI. But inside the UI, it should refresh its browser.

>> > Oops, that was probably a bad move. Extensions don't have schemas by
>> > themselves. Their objects have one, but not the extension in itself.
>> > (Once again, I may be wrong as I didn't read your patch yet)
>>
>> Well from reading the docs, it suggested the extension itself resided
>> within a schema, but maybe you're right.
>>

> Not the extension, but the objects it owns.

I don't understand the issue.  The current beta runs exactly the same
SQL.  And the reason why I rebased it was because otherwise the
Extensions dialogue couldn't benefit from the dlgProperty methods
relating to schemas.  I noticed there was mention of other schemas in
the code, so I may have not factored those into filtering the list of
schemas.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion