Re: [HACKERS] Call for Google Summer of Code mentors, admins - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Atri Sharma
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Call for Google Summer of Code mentors, admins
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> Take a look at MADLib.  My suggestion would be extending the MADlib
> functions; there's plenty of unimplemented ML algrothims which could be
> added to it.

I went through the MADLib library and came up with the following two
ideas which I feel could be potential GSoC 2013 projects:

1) MADlib currently has K-means clustering implemented.I would suggest
implementing the K-medoids clustering as it has better performance as
compared to K-means clustering.We could use k-means clustering code
base as the starting point for our implementation.

2) A more complex project would be to implement backpropogation
algorithm for much better classification. This would require
implementing some parts of neural network algorithms as well.

Again, I am willing to mentor either of the two projects if they are taken.

Regards,

Atri

--
Regards,