Re: stats for network traffic WIP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Atri Sharma
Subject Re: stats for network traffic WIP
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Mike Blackwell <mike.blackwell@rrd.com> wrote:
> This patch looks good to me.  It applies, builds, and runs the regression
> tests.  Documentation is included and it seems to do what it says.  I don't
> consider myself a code expert, but as far as I can see it looks fine.  This
> is a pretty straightforward enhancement to the existing pg_stat_* code.
>
> If no one has any objections, I'll mark it ready for committer.
>
> Mike

I agree.

I had a discussion with Mike yesterday, and took the performance areas
in the patch. I think the impact would be pretty low and since the
global counter being incremented is incremented with keeping race
conditions in mind, I think that the statistics collected will be
valid.

So, I have no objections to the patch being marked as ready for committer.

Regards,

Atri

Regards,

Atri