Re: PostgreSQL uses huge amount of memory - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Neimar Sierota
Subject Re: PostgreSQL uses huge amount of memory
Date
Re: PostgreSQL uses huge amount of memory  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-admin
I did a test as you mentioned and in postgresql version 11 I didn't observe any change in memory consumption while the query is executed. With version 14, running the same query, it is possible to observe a considerable increase in memory usage during execution.
Could it be a bug in postgresql's memory management?

WITH DADOS  as (
    select 1
 UNION ALL
SELECT 1