Re: PostgreSQL uses huge amount of memory - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: PostgreSQL uses huge amount of memory
Date
List pgsql-admin
Could it be a difference in parallel queries? (I don't remember when those were added.) Certainly, a union is an
exampleof something that will clearly get multiple workers.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

> On Mar 8, 2023, at 6:29 AM, Neimar Sierota <neimarsmo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I did a test as you mentioned and in postgresql version 11 I didn't observe any change in memory consumption while
thequery is executed. With version 14, running the same query, it is possible to observe a considerable increase in
memoryusage during execution.