Re: [GENERAL] make postgresql 9.5 default on centos 7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: [GENERAL] make postgresql 9.5 default on centos 7
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Steve Clark <steve.clark@netwolves.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I loaded 9.5 on CentOS 7 but by default every thing wants to use the default
> 9.2 version that comes with CentOS 7.
>
> Is there a simple way to fix this so the 9.5 version of tools and libraries are used.

As Melvin mentions, psql and most clients default to looking on port
5432 for PostgreSQL. You can either set $PGPORT envar to the port that
9.5 is running on, or edit the postgresql.conf for each service and
swap the ports listed, so that 9.2 runs on the new port (likely 5433)
and 9.5 runs on the default port of 5432.