Re: "Too far out of the mainstream" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Gavin Flower
<GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
> On 05/09/12 05:35, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> I have read to emails to one of the postgresql lists,
> where people in companies with 1000's of databases had
> power failures and only the postgresql databases
> restarted without special recovery actions required.
> The other databases mentioned were Oracle, MySql, and
> SQL Server.

That was likely me, tho it wasn't thousands, it was somewhere near 100
or so.  It was more a case of the other DBAs not doing their due
diligence and testing their hardware back 10 or so years ago, when
hard drives and RAID controllers often lied about fsync.