Re: Postgres SQL 8.4 regularly craches - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Postgres SQL 8.4 regularly craches
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 3:24 AM, Hungerbühler Philipp (hune)
<philipp.hungerbuehler@zhaw.ch> wrote:

> Hello all
>

> We have a postgres server on Windows 2008 R2 used by tree services. This worked quite for a long time (several years)
butlately the Postgres service regularly crashes

> 2013-12-11 14:03:10 CET LOG:  Serverprozess (PID 3576) wurde durch Ausnahme 0xC0000043 beendet (sorry German)
>

> I researched and found that this exception is related to:
>

> 0xC0000043
> STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION
>
> A file cannot be opened because the share access flags are incompatible.

Any chance you're running anti-virus on that machine? If you can set
it to exclude the postgresql directory, or turn it off, you can see if
the problem then goes away.