Re: Fwd: Web Hosting support for pgsql in PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Fwd: Web Hosting support for pgsql in PHP
Date
Re: Fwd: Web Hosting support for pgsql in PHP  (Joseph Kregloh <jkregloh@sproutloud.com>)
Re: Fwd: Web Hosting support for pgsql in PHP  (Jeff Silberberg <jms@dapage.net>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Jeff Silberberg <jms@dapage.net> wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
>       I moved a number of sites a few months ago to site5 web hosting but
> have run into an issue where they refuse to include the support for pgsql
> into the php environment.  Although they did try to install it with pecl
> that failed with no pg_config and missing libpg-fe.h.  It appears that the
> php modules do not install with out the developer tools installed,   An I
> have just run into a road block attempting to get this done. They refuse.
> Note, I am not asking them to support a postgresql database, just include
> the support in PHP so I can access an existing database remotely.

What kind of server are they using? Assuming it's debian / ubuntu all
they need to do is install the following packages on your virtual
server:

php5-pgsql
phppgadmin
postgresql