Re: Fwd: Web Hosting support for pgsql in PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Silberberg
Subject Re: Fwd: Web Hosting support for pgsql in PHP
Date
List pgsql-general

Well,

[~]# uname -a
Linux s17-dallas.accountservergroup.com 3.2.45-grsec #1 SMP Thu May 23 08:37:40 CDT 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

An it's Apache / Wordpress --

All I think they need to to do is pecl install pdo_pgsql-1.0.2

But that looks for pg_config and libpg-fe.h    which means installing  postgresql-devel  as well.

They are not willing to this, as "it might break another customer" .

Anyway, I Am now looking for new host instead of fixing this one..

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Jeff Silberberg <jms@dapage.net> wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
>       I moved a number of sites a few months ago to site5 web hosting but
> have run into an issue where they refuse to include the support for pgsql
> into the php environment.  Although they did try to install it with pecl
> that failed with no pg_config and missing libpg-fe.h.  It appears that the
> php modules do not install with out the developer tools installed,   An I
> have just run into a road block attempting to get this done. They refuse.
> Note, I am not asking them to support a postgresql database, just include
> the support in PHP so I can access an existing database remotely.

What kind of server are they using? Assuming it's debian / ubuntu all
they need to do is install the following packages on your virtual
server:

php5-pgsql
phppgadmin
postgresql