Re: Plug-pull testing worked, diskchecker.pl failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Plug-pull testing worked, diskchecker.pl failed
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com> wrote:
> After reading the comments last week about SSDs, I did some testing of
> the ones we have at work - each of my test-boxes (three with SSDs, one
> with HDD) subjected to multiple stand-alone plug-pull tests, using
> pgbench to provide load. So far, there've been no instances of
> PostgreSQL data corruption, but diskchecker.pl reported huge numbers
> of errors.

Try starting pgbench, and then halfway through the timeout for a
checkpoint timeout issue a checkpoint and WHILE the checkpoint is
still running THEN pull the plug.

Then after bringing the server up (assuming pg starts up) see if
pg_dump generates any errors.