Re: Postgres community version limitaiton - help needed - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Postgres community version limitaiton - help needed
Date
Re: Postgres community version limitaiton - help needed  (ajay kumar <akp123@hotmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM, ajay kumar <akp123@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All ,
>

>  Could you please confirm if the Postgres community version can support the
> 128GB RAM and 4 processors expandable upto 8 processors (each quad core).

Not sure what you mean by "community edition".  There's PostgreSQL.
From the postgresql.org website, which is what most folks use.

I've run it on 40 hyperthreaded CPUS (80 virtual cores) and it worked
just fine and used all 80 cores with enough parallel processes
running.

Can a single query use > 1 core?  not.  Not the way the engine is designed.