Re: Starting postgres server on mac os x 10.6.8 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andrew Barinov
Subject Re: Starting postgres server on mac os x 10.6.8
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Scott,

This is my first time trying to solve a postgres issue, I just now realized that the command I tried before wasn't to open the logfile but to do something else. I couldn't find the command in the postgres docs to open and see the contents of the logfile, can you tell me what it is?

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
On Feb 4, 2012, at 11:16 PM, Andrew Barinov wrote:

> Shouldn't the postgres superuser be allowed to see the logfile?

What do you mean "see the logfile"??? You're telling it to write into a file named logfile, in the current directory. Obviously, the user that postgres is being run under does not have permission to do that.

--
Andrew J. Lauer Barinov

AndrewJL@facebook.com
@ajlb8