Re: BUG #16722: PG hanging on COPY when table has close to 2^32 toasts in the table. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From tomohiro hiramitsu
Subject Re: BUG #16722: PG hanging on COPY when table has close to 2^32 toasts in the table.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 1:32 AM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
> WARNING is more suitable for these kinds of messages?
> I changed the log level here to WARNING.
>
> +#define GETNEWOID_NOTIFY_MINVAL 1000000
> +#define GETNEWOID_NOTIFY_MAXVAL 100000000
>
> If we use WARNING, GETNEWOID_WARN_THRESHOLD and GETNEWOID_WARN_MAX_INTERVAL
> sound better to me for the meanings of them. I renamed them.

When "LOG" is set, SQL statements can be recorded in the server log even if log_min_error_statement is set to "ERROR"(default).
It would be useful for users to know which SQL statement is retrying to generate OIDs.

In this case, GETNEWOID_WARN_THRESHOLD and GETNEWOID_WARN_MAX_INTERVAL should be renamed to the following names.

* GETNEWOID_LOG_THRESHOLD
* GETNEWOID_LOG_MAX_INTERVAL

Best regards,
--