Re: BUG #16854: initdb fails on ReFS and FAT32 file systems - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #16854: initdb fails on ReFS and FAT32 file systems
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 11:26:51PM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> I'm not sure if ReFS is the supported platform or not. But if it is,
> the assumption that the above commit log says is not correct. If so,
> ISTM that we need to rethink the changes that commit introduced.

A side effect of 909b449, basically a revert of aaa3aed, means that
this issue gets fixed.  If you are interested in supporting this
configuration, I highly recommend that you create a buildfarm animal
so as we can know in live what gets broken once a patch is committed
rather than 1 year later.  Please see here:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
--
Michael

Attachment