Re: A Small psql Suggestion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matt Zagrabelny
Subject Re: A Small psql Suggestion
Date
List pgsql-general
At the risk of starting a +1 snowball or a divergent argument...

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 10:16 AM Raymond Brinzer <ray.brinzer@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings,

There is (for me) a small speed bump in psql.  I think it's worth mentioning, minor though it is, because psql is such a polished tool generally, and because it's something which affects me many, many times a day.

As it is, \d is a shortcut for \dtmvs.  What I actually want to see, on a regular basis, are my relations:  \dtmv.  Most of the time, the sequences are clutter.  If my habits are like most people's in this (and I suspect they are), excluding sequences from \d would optimize for the common case.

+1

Of course, I don't generally have that many relations that the few sequences that show up are cause for issue, but it would be nice to not have to parse them visually.

-m