Re: Best Open Source OS for Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wim Bertels
Subject Re: Best Open Source OS for Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Giovanni,

it depends,
do you know a truly open source os without proprietary blobs for firmware or device drivers?

Debian used to try to make a clear separation in this with 'main' being the default section when installing,
unfortunately this practically no longer applies to proprietary firmware if i understand it correctly, unless you check yourself:
vs before:
which i guess is still the case?, but now it gets loaded/installed by default
(easy functionality over open source)

I would choose a distro with LTS (long term support),
as the last post mentions Ubuntu and Mint,
this would only apply to Ubuntu LTS (or up in the family tree Debian LTS)

i have had good experiences with the link from Brent,
but i imagine other serious LTS distros should work well as well

hth,
Wim