Change ON UPDATE behavior of fkey - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Rylander
Subject Change ON UPDATE behavior of fkey
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm wanting to change the ON UPDATE behavior of several foreign keys.
I know this has been "asked and answered" in the past, and I have a
query that will generate one-statement-per-fkey DDL, but while
tailoring that query I noticed that pg_constraint's confupdtype could
just be changed to 'c' directly.

So, my question is, will updating pg_constraint "just work" (for, say,
new sessions, after forcing clients to reconnect) or would there be a
data risk?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mike Rylander