Re: How to monitor logical replication initial sync? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bricklen
Subject Re: How to monitor logical replication initial sync?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Doug Gorley <doug@gorley.ca> wrote:
Good day,

How does one monitor the status or progress of an initial sync under logical replication?  For example:

* I create a publication in database db_pub
* I create a subscription in database db_sub
* In 15 minutes I want to check an see that the initial sync is N% complete

Is it possible to tell when the initial sync is complete, or better yet, how complete it is?

​This is a question I'm quite interested in as well (and one I do not have an answer to).​

​Does anyone with more familiarity ​with logical replication have any suggestions on how to determine the status of the initial sync?