Re: Segfault in jit tuple deforming on arm64 due to LLVM issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anthonin Bonnefoy
Subject Re: Segfault in jit tuple deforming on arm64 due to LLVM issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 22, 2024 at 12:33 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> I fear that back-porting, for the LLVM project, would mean "we fix it
> in main/20.x, and also back-port it to 19.x".  Do distros back-port
> further?

That's also my fear, I'm not familiar with distros back-port policy
but eyeballing ubuntu package changelog[1], it seems to be mostly
build fixes.

Given that there's no visible way to fix the relocation issue, I
wonder if jit shouldn't be disabled for arm64 until either the
RuntimeDyld fix is merged or the switch to JITLink is done. Disabling
jit tuple deforming may be enough but I'm not confident the issue
won't happen in a different part.

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/llvm-toolchain-16/+changelog