Fixed crash in debugger with wxWidget 3.0 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject Fixed crash in debugger with wxWidget 3.0
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave

During testing of pgAdmin3 with wxWidget 3.0, I have found one crash in debugger. Cause of the crash is "m_progress" variable is not instantiated before the function call "wxStatusBar::SetFieldsCount(fields);" at line no 49 in ctlProgressStatusBar.cpp.

Function call "wxStatusBar::SetFieldsCount(fields)" internally calls "ctlProgressStatusBar::SetStatusWidths" which internally calls "ctlProgressStatusBar::OnSize" and that time "m_progress" variable is not instantiated, but used that's why application got crashed.

I have just moved up  the call to instantiate the "m_progress" variable. Attached is the patch file to fix the issue. Please review it and if it looks good to you then can you please commit the code.

--
Akshay Joshi
Principal Software Engineer

Phone: +91 20-3058-9517