Re: Fixed help information issue for "Server Instrumentation" guru hint - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject Re: Fixed help information issue for "Server Instrumentation" guru hint
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Akshay Joshi
<akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave
>
> I have fixed on minor issue where there is no help information (.rst)
> available for "Server Instrumentation" guru hint. Bug is reproducible when
> user click on "Help" button on guru hint dialog for "Server
> Instrumentation".
>
> I have fixed it by disabling the "Help" button for "Server Instrumentation"
> guru hint. Attached is the patch file. Please review it and if it look good
> to you then can you please commit it.

This doesn't seem like the right approach. We should remove the
invalid helpfile names from the hintArray (set them to NULL/0 I
guess), and then if necessary, modify the dialogue to enable or
disable the button based on that value.

   I have tried by replacing the invalid helpfile names with "wxEmptyString" from the hintArray. It works. With this implementation no action will be perform when user click on "Help" button. Is this behavior acceptable or do I need to disable the "Help" button?

That will be more future-proof, and follows the existing design much
more closely.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page