Re: Fixed help information issue for "Server Instrumentation" guru hint - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Fixed help information issue for "Server Instrumentation" guru hint
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Akshay Joshi
<akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Akshay Joshi
>> <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Dave
>> >
>> > I have fixed on minor issue where there is no help information (.rst)
>> > available for "Server Instrumentation" guru hint. Bug is reproducible
>> > when
>> > user click on "Help" button on guru hint dialog for "Server
>> > Instrumentation".
>> >
>> > I have fixed it by disabling the "Help" button for "Server
>> > Instrumentation"
>> > guru hint. Attached is the patch file. Please review it and if it look
>> > good
>> > to you then can you please commit it.
>>
>> This doesn't seem like the right approach. We should remove the
>> invalid helpfile names from the hintArray (set them to NULL/0 I
>> guess), and then if necessary, modify the dialogue to enable or
>> disable the button based on that value.
>

>    I have tried by replacing the invalid helpfile names with "wxEmptyString"
> from the hintArray. It works. With this implementation no action will be
> perform when user click on "Help" button. Is this behavior acceptable or do
> I need to disable the "Help" button?

It should be disabled too, otherwise the user will think something
should happen which could be confusing.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com