Re: postgres 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: postgres 9.3
Date
List pgsql-general
You are correct John, but in this case, he stated only one (1) database. So changing the search path in .postgresql.conf  simplifies things for all users.
However, should he create additional databases later on, then yes, your solution would be better.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
John R Pierce wrote:

> better would be to...
>
>     ALTER ROLE username SET SEARCH_PATH='preview,"$user", public';
> or
>     ALTER DATABASE dbname SET...;
>
> and then this change just applies to that named role or database...

(or
   ALTER ROLE username IN DATABASE dbname SET ..
which applies to the specified role in the specified database)

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/