Re: Who dropped a role? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: Who dropped a role?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 4:34 AM, Charles Clavadetscher <clavadetscher@swisspug.org> wrote:

Hello

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Durumdara
Sent: Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2016 10:13
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Who dropped a role?

Hello!

Sorry, meanwhile I found it as Group Role.

I never used this kind of role. How to restore it to normal login role?

ALTER ROLE ... LOGIN;

You probably need to reassign the password (I don’t remember right now if the pw is dropped when changing form LOGIN to NOLOGIN).

\password ...

Thanks for it!

dd

Dear PG Masters!

In a server today I didn't find an important role.

I don't know what my colleagues did with it, but it seems to be lost.

Do you know a trick, how get info about it?

1.) Who dropped it?

2.) If not dropped what happened with it?

Does role dropping logged somewhere?

Thanks for your help!

dd

In addition to the info on how to reset the role to login, you might want to make sure that, at minimum, you have
log_statement = 'ddl' in postgresql.conf and do a SELECT pg_reload_conf();

That way, all DDL type statements will be recorded in the postgres log.

--
Melvin Davidson