Re: Full JSONb column returned over FDW when only single value needed - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ed Kurowski
Subject Re: Full JSONb column returned over FDW when only single value needed
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Testing has shown it improves a lot by removing the data column.  Typically
takes 6 seconds, without the data field, it takes about 10ms.  The 'data'
column here is rather arbitrary and sometimes contains a fair amount of
data.  We considered the view option, but it seems like the planner should
be smart enough to know we only care about a single field and just send
that back instead of all the json.